Last time, we talked about iTickleMe’s Job Search Follow-up Email, what it is, and why it is crucial to your finding that perfect job. This time, we are going to tell you how to build it. In order for a Job Search Follow-up Email to be an effective means of coordinating communications with your prospective employers, let’s look at what it must contain:
- First, it should quickly remind you all of your prior interactions with the prospect. This includes your resume and cover letter you sent, along with any information gathered from or notes on conversations you have already had. In other words, you need a way to “get up to speed,” and fast. Who did you talk with? What was said? You will need to quickly remind yourself of as much detail as possible. That way, you can seamlessly continue the thread in your next communication with that person.
- Second, you need to know what to do next. Say your plan was to place follow-up call one week after sending a resume, and a friendly note two weeks later. You will need to have these tasks laid out for you. That way, you can easily act on one and move on to the next.
To achieve these objectives and compose an effective Job Search Follow-up Email, follow these steps:
- Copy all pertinent text from the job posting into your Job Search Follow-up Email. This should minimally consist of the job title, job description, and desired qualifications. Make sure to include a link to the posting’s website in the email. As such, you will have quick access to anything you may have omitted.
- Paste your cover letter it in or attach it to the email.
- Paste your resume it in or attach it to the email.
- Subdivide the email into sections with bold headings (i.e. “Job Description,” “Qualifications,” and “Cover Letter”). This will help to neatly order and organize of all relevant information in your mind.
- Be sure to include the company name in the subject line.
Here is what it looks like:
You will schedule this email to come back to you at key times in the future – that’s the special function of iTickleMe. When it returns, you will be able to refresh your memory about that particular job application just by re-reading the email.
With all of the information organized into one place, you won’t waste time shuffling through disparate files on your hard drive and your web browser’s history to find what you need to know about that job search. Everything will be right there in front of you in the email!
Now that job search email is almost ready to be sent. But there are still a few things you can do to accrue even more benefits from its service. In our next post, “Find the Target Person,” we’re going to show you how to make this email bomb even more powerful.
iTickleMe Job Search GUARANTEE:
Follow this plan for 4 months, initiating at least 10 new contacts every day (this is easy once you get the hang of it). If you don’t have a job at the end of 4 months of implementing this program and you wish to discontinue service, simply notify us at support@iTickleMe.com and we will refund your $19.95 in full! You have nothing to lose, and a lifetime of rewarding employment to gain. You owe it to yourself and your family to sign up right now!
The most powerful tool you can have in your job search is iTickleMe Email Reminders.You can try it free for 90 days.